What We shall cover in this workshop sessions?
The purpose of this course is to Introduce the Hands-on experience of Pre-programmed Robotics to the beginners & to help them to build their own Line follower robot using Arduino .We are aiming to enrich the interest of the students in the Robotics & Microcontrollers by programming in Arduino & Robot Assembling .
Line follower robots also known as autonomous robots, are capable of detecting the path and actuate accordingly. Through this Beginner Level Robotics project-based course,Freshers College students & School students will learn to build their very own line follower robot that uses digital IR sensor to detect the black line and move accordingly in the designated path.
Goal of the workshop:
- Introduction to Robotics
- Introduction to Microcontrollers
- Learning to programme in Arduino
- Basics of Line follower
- Robot Assembly
- Robot Programming
- Working of Robot
- Introduction to Robotics
- Session duration: 1.5 hour
- What is Robotics ?How many types of Robot exist nowadays & their application?
- Why do we need to get started with Robotics?
- Short Introduction to Mechanisms of Different Robots.
- Introduction to Line/Path Follower Robot
- Session duration: 0.5 hour
- Why we need Line Follower Robot.
- Line Follower Robot Applications.
- Introduction to Line Follower Robot Mechanisms.
- Line Follower Robotic Kit Details & Assembly
- Session duration: 2 hours
- Detailed Guide & Description of Assembly of Line Follower Robotics Kit.
- Assembling & mounting of line follower robotic kit.
- Line Follower Robotic Controller Details & Programming in Arduino IDE
- Session Duration: 2 hours
- Installing Arduino IDE desktop Software
- Use of Arduino Libraries: Using and installing Arduino Libraries.
- Installing the required core for Boards and manage it.
- Troubleshooting: Advice on what to do if anything don’t work.
- Line Follower Robot Controller Working
- Programming of System
- Hands-on Experience on Line Follower Controller Interfacing
- Session Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Perform hands on Assembly and Programming
- Doubt Solving Session
- Disassembling the Line Follower Robot KIt
An Extra Session can be taken to introduce Arduino IDE & Arduino Programming
Introduction on what is Arduino and why you’d want to use it.
What is the Arduino Software (IDE) ?
Introduction to Arduino Programming Language
Introduction of three main parts of Arduino Programming Language i.e. Functions, Variables & Structures.
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino UART Cable
- IR Sensor
- 60 RPM Motors
- Motor Wheels
- Motor Driver
- Jumper Wires
- Screws & Nuts
- Caster Wheel
- Motor Clamp
- Robot Chassis
- Screw Driver
- Battery Clip
All the above components would be provided as a complete kit during the program to each team participating in groups of 1 to 5 .
Introduction to Robotics Session duration: 1.5 hour What is Robotics ?How many types of Robot exist nowadays & their application? Why do we need to get started with Robotics? Short Introduction to Mechanisms of Different Robots.