What We shall cover in this workshop sessions?
The purpose of this course is to Introduce the Hands-on experience of Pre-programmed Robotics to the beginners & to help them to build their own Obstacle Avoiding Robot using Arduino .We are aiming to enrich the interest of the students in the Robotics & Microcontrollers by programming in Arduino & Robot Assembling .
Obstacle Avoiding Robot also known as autonomous robots, are capable of detecting the obstacle and actuate accordingly. Through this Beginner Level Robotics project-based course,Freshers College students & School students will learn to build their very own Obstacle Avoiding Robot that uses HCSR-04 Ultrasonic distance measurement sensor to detect the obstacle in front of it and move accordingly in the different path.
Goal of the workshop:
- Introduction to Robotics
- Introduction to Microcontrollers
- Learning to programme in Arduino
- Basics of Obstacle Detection
- Interfacing of Ultrasonic Sensor HCSR-04
- Robot Assembly
- Robot Programming
- Working of Robot
- Introduction to Robotics
- Session duration: 1.5 hour
- What is Robotics ?How many types of Robot exist nowadays & their application?
- Why do we need to get started with Robotics?
- Short Introduction to Mechanisms of Different Robots.
- Introduction to Obstacle Avoiding Robot
- Session duration: 0.5 hour
- Why we need Obstacle Avoiding Robot.
- Obstacle Avoiding Robot Applications.
- Introduction to Obstacle Avoiding Robot Mechanisms.
- Obstacle Avoiding Robotic Kit Details & Assembly
- Session duration: 2 hours
- Detailed Guide & Description of Assembly of Obstacle Avoiding Robotics Kit.
- Assembling & mounting of Obstacle Avoiding Robotic kit.
- Obstacle Avoiding Robotic Controller Details & Programming in Arduino IDE
- Session Duration: 2 hours
- Installing Arduino IDE desktop Software
- Use of Arduino Libraries: Using and installing Arduino Libraries.
- Installing the required core for Boards and manage it.
- Troubleshooting: Advice on what to do if anything don’t work.
- Obstacle Avoiding Robot Controller Working
- Interfacing the HCSR-04 Ultrasonic Sensor
- Finding or measuring Distance from sounds time & velocity
- Programming of System
- Hands-on Experience on Obstacle Avoiding Robot Controller Interfacing
- Session Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Perform hands on Assembly and Programming
- Doubt Solving Session
- Disassembling the Obstacle Avoiding Robot KIt
An Extra Session can be taken to introduce Arduino IDE & Arduino Programming
Introduction on what is Arduino and why you’d want to use it.
What is the Arduino Software (IDE) ?
Introduction to Arduino Programming Language
Introduction of three main parts of Arduino Programming Language i.e. Functions, Variables & Structures.
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino UART Cable
- Ultrasonic Sensor HCSR-04
- HCSR-04 mounting bracket
- 60 RPM Motors
- Motor Wheels
- Motor Driver
- Jumper Wires
- Screws & Nuts
- Caster Wheel
- Motor Clamp
- Robot Chassis
- Screw Driver
- Battery Clip
All the above components would be provided as a complete kit during the program to each team participating in groups of 1 to 5 .